Andrew Howard Levin
SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER
Motivating Educator with hands-on experience creating meaningful and engaging learning environments for high school students. Proven understanding of the depth and diversity of children’s needs in educational settings. Community-oriented professional with passion for driving excellence and partnering with school administrators, parents, and other teachers to ensure every student is able to succeed. Key skills include:
Depth of Content Knowledge | Rapport Building | Technology Integration | Extra Curricular Involvement
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Master of Arts in Teaching, Secondary Education – National Louis University, Chicago, Sep 2016
Master of Science in International Business – Georgetown University, Washington, DC May 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Studies – Northwestern University, Evanston, IL Jun 2007
Professional Educator License – Illinois State Board of Education Valid through Jun 2021
- Endorsements: Secondary Education, History, Economics, Political Science, Geography, Math, French, and Learning Behavior Specialist I
Licensed Teacher, 5-12 – Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Valid through Jun 2022
- Endorsement: Social Studies, Geography, Sociology
Social Studies, Special Education, & Math Teacher – Grayslake North High School, Grayslake, IL Aug 2018 – Present
- Teach 9-12 students classes on civics, economics, sociology, and math through careful planning and innovative instruction including project-based learning, games, guest speakers, and collaboration with other teachers.
- Enables students with IEP/504s to successfully complete regular level courses in social studies and math by implementing accommodations and building rapport as an LBS1 co-teacher.
- Create a Model United Nations Club and coach students through the research process and competition.
- Survey student civic knowledge as an active member of the school’s Democracy School Network Committee.
Social Studies Teacher – Starbuck Middle School,Racine, WI Aug 2017 – June 2018
- Transition 6th grade students to the expectations of secondary education, while instructing them in the fundamentals of geography, world religions and cultures, and general social studies.
- Engage students through interdisciplinary projects that combined social studies, English, and math concepts.
- Coordinate 6th grade participation in and tabulate scores from the Geography Bee.
Social Science Instructor – Harper College,Palatine, IL Jan 2012 – Present
- Teach classes and seminars on U.S. government and politics, comparative politics, and election studies.
- Develop updated multimedia curriculum for non-western comparative politics.
Social Studies Teacher – Willowbrook High School,Villa Park, IL Aug 2016 – May 2017
- Instruct 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students in U.S. history, U.S. government, and economics.
- Sponsor Interact Club and oversee student-led charity events to eradicate polio and donate books.
Additional experience as AP U.S. Government and Politics Reader for non-profit educational testing and assessment organization; graded ~3,000 essays. Multimedia Textbook Resource Creator for SAGE / CQ Press
Vice President – Illinois Council for the Social Studies (ICSS)
- Communicate latest trends in social studies pedagogy and laws to Chicago area educators.
- Organize state-wide social studies conferences.