Andrew Howard Levin
SOCIAL STUDIES TEACHER
Motivating Educator with hands-on experience creating meaningful and engaging learning environments for high school students. Proven understanding of the depth and diversity of children’s needs in educational settings. Community-oriented professional with passion for driving excellence and partnering with school administrators, parents, and other teachers to ensure every student is able to succeed. Key skills include:
Classroom Management | Differentiated Instruction | Technology Integration
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Master of Arts in Teaching, Secondary Education – National Louis University, Chicago, Sep 2016
Master of Science in International Business – Georgetown University, Washington, DC May 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and International Studies – Northwestern University, Evanston, IL Jun 2007
Professional Educator License – Illinois State Board of Education Valid through Jun 2021
- Endorsements: Secondary Education, History, Economics, Political Science, Math, French, and Learning Behavior Specialist I
Licensed Teacher, 5-12 – Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Valid through Jun 2022
- Endorsement: Social Studies
Social Studies Teacher – Starbuck Middle School, Racine, WI Aug 2017 – Present
- Transition 6th grade students to the expectations of secondary education, while instructing them in the fundamentals of geography, world cultures and general social studies.
- Engage students through interdisciplinary projects that combined social studies, English, and math concepts.
- Lead department faculty meetings on pedagogy and upcoming events.
- Coordinate 6th grade participation in and tabulate scores from the Geography Bee.
Social Science Instructor – Harper College, Palatine, IL Jan 2012 – Present
- Teach classes and seminars on U.S. government and politics, comparative politics, and election studies.
- Develop updated multimedia curriculum for non-western comparative politics.
Social Studies Teacher – Willowbrook High School, Villa Park, IL Aug 2016 – May 2017
- Instruct 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students in U.S. history, U.S. government, and economics.
- Establish culture of learning through instructional assessments, student-driven discussions, simulations, primary source analyses, gamification, and experiential learning.
- Sponsor Interact Club and oversee student-led charity events to eradicate polio and donate books.
Student Teacher – Streamwood High School, Streamwood, IL Feb 2016 – May 2016
- Educated students in AP U.S. government and politics, civics, and sociology.
- Advised Latinos Unidos Club on annual dance that attracted more than 325 student attendees.
Additional experience as AP U.S. Government and Politics Reader for non-profit educational testing and assessment organization; graded ~3,000 essays. Curated media resources and created assessments for SAGE/CQ Publishing government textbooks.
Region I Representative – Illinois Council for the Social Studies (ICSS)
- Communicated latest trends in social studies pedagogy and laws to Chicago area educators.